You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

SEIZE THE DAY

Life is tough. Sometimes, we wonder why some things happen the way we least expect and most of the time, we get to do what we loathe doing.
This is my story.
There was a day when I was dreaming myself away at the balcony of my hostel. There I was actually stressful and thinking of a good way to ease up my mind. It was then I saw the man. He was like any ordinary man whom we tend to see everyday. He was a worker there whose job was to keep the area clean and so forth. I saw him everyday, sweeping, pushing the leaves into piles and finally seeing them into ashes. He had become somewhat a familiar stranger to me.
That day, I did not just see him. It was more than just looking. From the balcony, I saw the man doing his usual routine; picking, sweeping, shoving and burning the dead leaves. Then, I noticed something that I thought I had missed before. I saw this man after a while just standing there and looking blankly around him with the broom in his hand. He stood still, staring into the compound for quite sometime; just watching the trees and the leaves.... the dead leaves, which kept on falling and falling.
What I saw hit me straight to the heart. There I was thinking that life was so tough and I just could not take it anymore. But that man, whose job was merely to clean the compound, nothing more, was also complaining to himself...about his life, his job, perhaps.....about himself.
Who is luckier, the man or us? Yes, work is never ending story and it gets tough everyday. We get to do new things, meet new people, take up challenges, solve major as well as minor problems and many more. At least, we do different things everyday. That man, however, is stuck with the same things day by day.... just leaves, leaves and more leaves everyday. Don't you find it kind of too boring, too mundane ?
So dear me, for a while, forget about whatever thoughts that you have about how hard your life is. You are not just working hard, but you are also contributing to life. Yes, everyone is complaining, let them. But you my dearest self, will keep on working ( for as long as your body can take it !) because you are still very much needed out there.
So back to business and SEIZE THE DAY !!!

(p.s. wrote this in 2009 when I was in Bangi, after cracking my head doing assignmentsSS...ZZZzzzzzz. So, I went to the  balcony to "blow the cobwebs away". That was when I saw the man and ideas came flowing in!! )