You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

HAPPY TEACHER' S DAY

2 Days Before
Here I go again, buying gifts, wrappers, ribbons and making small cards. Well, what do you know ! This teacher  is helping her kids to get  some gifts ready  for their teachers since Teacher’s Day is around the corner ! This time, I am buying note books.

A Day Before
Since I did not have my own poem, so  I got one from poemsource.com. Later, I  printed it out nicely on white sheets and  pasted it on the cover of each of  the  books. Then, I added    red ribbons  on top to make the gifts  appear somewhat ravishing ! All ten, Done!!
Teacher’s day in school is always so full of fun! It is the only time of the year when the students  can  actually  “ order ” the teachers around ! So, they have a lot of fun making us sing, dance, act out, play games and doing the  unthinkable ! The best part is, the day is  always  a real  happening  as the students are often so creative and the  teachers are always  so appreciative (just can't say no!!)  There was a time when  the students  made me play netball. No rules required, just play, they told me. Piece of cake !  You know what, I played like I had never played before! More of showing off actually ....  to the students ! And  ouch ! I went home with my whole body aching all over !
However, sad to say, no teacher’s day celebration for me this year. Yup! Again. Just like last year, the year before and the year before that  or let’s just say for the past five years. Why? Because I am not teaching in school anymore.  To be honest, I do miss school sometimes. The day brings back old memories you know. Oh dear, I am going down the memory lane again.
 I remember getting a pouch from a girl. The pouch contained many little colourful paper stars. There was also a small card attached to it. It said, “Dear teacher, please look  for a unique star amongst these little ones.”  I then found the star. It was yellow in colour and bigger than the rest. After looking at it for sometime,  I noticed three tiny words written on it , “ Open this please.”  Later, I found that the star was actually made up of a long strip of paper ;  with a note saying,
 “ Among these many stars, this is the  only one that is different from the others and special in its own way. It is the only one  that  really shines on me. Dear teacher, the  star   is none  other than  YOU and you will always be  my shining Star.  HAPPY TEACHER’S DAY  !”  
I was profoundly  moved  by this one gift…....…until now.
 THE DAY
My daughter, Adik looked very excited this morning !  Last night, she prepared  two name lists ; the names of her teachers as well as my son’s teachers. She would be giving the gifts to both ( my son’s teachers and hers) as  my ‘beautiful’  son had gone down with flu and was  staying home. “Way to go Adik ! ” so my son said and my daughter replied “ Shut up Abang!”  Ha! Ha ! As usual ,  time for ‘vicious’ verbal exchange ! Couldn’t live  without  it !!
(p.s. I got this wish  from a friend who got this from  ....... anyone knows ? )

Birth is the start of life,
Beauty is the art of life,
Mysteries and risks are parts of life
but a TEACHER is the heart of life.


Happy Teacher's Day to all the teachers out there !