You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Friday, May 11, 2012

SPECIAL DELIVERIES


I saw my son walking anxiously towards the car. Once he got into the car, he looked around as if to make sure the coast was clear. Next, he asked, " Where's Adik ? "

"Already safe and sound at home,” I replied. He looked relieved.  

“Why ?” I threw him a suspicious look.

He gently pulled my arm and placed a small box in my hand.

" Mom, look at what I got for you. Come on mom, open it !"

I carefully opened the box and took out the content. It was a plastic rose, cream in color without any leaves nor stem. Simply unique.

" Mom, this is actually a small night light. When you switched it on, it will let out different colors. I cannot remember how many, but I know the last one is red."  He sounded really excited.

I was silent for a while. He looked at me and continued explaining.

" I wanted to buy you a sunflower because I know you like it so much but they all come in forms of roses only. Well, there are angry birds too...I like those also but I know they will just make you angry instead of being  happy. "

" Mom.." small- eyed now, and  his smile was gone. " Don' t you like what I bought for you? I used my own savings you know. This is specially for you, Mom. Happy Mother's day."

I didn' t know what to say. So, I just hugged him.

To tell you the truth, I was deeply touched. Yes, my dear son. I like it so much. And I thank you so much for it. Thank you so much for the thought, not just for what you gave me this year, but also for all the wonderful gifts you gave me  all these years; on Mother's day , my birthday and Teacher’s day as well.

You know what, I see them as more than gifts.  Not just any ordinary  eraser, pen, pencil, a ship in a small bottle, sand clock or a rose. I see them all as special deliveries; Special Deliveries of Love. Thank you my son, thank you so very much.


Lots of Endless Love,
MOM.
( p.s. Adik bought me something too! Guess what? Another small night light but this time, it's a Mickey Mouse!!  Thank you so much Adik ! I love you so and as much!! )

TO ALL THE MOTHERS IN THE WORLD, " HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY " !!