You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Saturday, May 12, 2012

NUMBER ONE


When I think of my mother, I will see this clearly in my head, a woman endlessly smiling down on me. The smile means a lot to me. The smile is made of a deep devotion, sacrifice and pain. It tells about countless stories of patience and forgiving. The smile is hard to interpret; no one can really explain. It is one of God's greatest creation, a mother's love.
I always have questions in my head. Why is Mom always busy? Why is Mom always questioning my whereabouts? Why is Mom always giving advice that I do not want to hear? Why? Why? Why?
Now, I am old enough to see through it all. I have begun to understand her sensitivity and patience. She is doing all these out of pure love for she has so much of it for me. She continues to love me under any and all circumstances; even when this child of hers has hurt her badly. When the whole world is against me, she is always there to offer the best of comfort and love.
Memories of my mother are precious ones. Each has taught me to be wiser in living this life. I can still remember how I had laughed at my elder sister for getting a pounding stone as a wedding gift from my mother. Little did I know that later I had to laugh at my own ignorance. The laugh had become my greatest regret when I learned about how useful the pounding stone was in my sister's life. When her blender failed to function, it was the pounding stone that saved the day's cooking. It was that very stone that made her smile when her "sambal" or chilli paste was praised by the whole family. Sometimes, I saw her using the stone to help her with some handy chores around the house. In other words, the stone had become a useful "tool" in her household. Thus, I gained an important lesson at the end of the day; a mother always knows what is best for her children.
Then, there was a day when I went to school wearing a "weird" pair of shoes. I was late than usual that morning and was rushing to school . Only in school later that I realized I had worn a pair of shoes meant for the left foot! You can imagine how difficult it was for me to move around; and not to mention the embarrassment!! Guess, who saved the day for me? None other than my mother! How did she find out? Well, she was sweeping the house porch when she noticed the wrong pair of shoes. Immediately, she rushed to my school and made my day!!
If I were to describe my mother, it would be in an endless list. When you think of a word, one after another will come rushing to your head. My mother is everything I can think of. She is my teacher, counsellor, motivator, doctor and everything else as when the situation calls for it. In other words, my mother is my guardian angel. There is no other love like a mother's love. It is so special and there is only one word to describe it, sacred. I would never trade it in for anything in the world. Sometimes, I do wonder whether I can be as strong as my mother in facing hardships in life.
Here are some promises for my mother. I will obtain good results in every test and exam in school. I will always think twice in making decisions and I promise never to go against you. Above all, for as long as I live, I promise, I will never stop loving you Mom; the most important person in my life and number one for me.

(p.s. Thank you MOM, and thank you my beloved daughters..)