You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Monday, July 9, 2012

OCEAN DEEP

" Kak, I have something to share with you. "
" Ohh really? Sounds delicious, food eh ? "
" No lah kak, " she said in a low voice this time. Must be about something serious or else she would not have kept her voice that low. She looked me full in the face and then spilled everything out.
" Our friend, is in love." Okay, I knew whom she was talking about.
" That ' s good! Finally, love has come her way ," was my immediate response.
" But kak, the problem is, the man is already married."
" Oohh, that is so not happening.., " I took back my words.
" Tu lah kak, I find it hard to believe but that 's how it is now. Wait till you hear what the wife said to her. She was not at all angry. She was leaving it all to fate as she said there was nothing she could do."
" Well, what can you do when they are already very much in love, " I cut in, half choked by my own words.
" However, the wife did make a request. She asked him to postpone the wedding till next year as two of their children are sitting for major exams this year. "
Upon hearing that, I broke down and cried.
" There is no one before you my husband. Not even myself ". 
Perhaps these Japanese words of wisdom would be the best way to describe her feelings; of love and pain. This is indeed an act of nobility. She chooses to stay loyal and submissive to the husband even though she is deeply hurt. Her thoughts are all about seeing to his and the children' s well-being. Her feelings, as you can see come secondary . Hard to believe that she is willing to do all these for the husband. Her heart must have been made of gold.  MasyaAllah.
Now, let's put ourselves in her shoes, would you have done the same ? Or perhaps I should pose this question to that dear friend of ours ; 
 "Are you capable of letting go of your feelings for the sake of the woman's happiness ; just like what she is doing for you now ? "
What do you think the answer would be?
 
 (p.s. "A woman's heart is ocean deep ": a line  taken from the movie "Titanic". Nothing personal yea....)