You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

You might not see it now but it will become visible as you venture deeper into life..

Sunday, July 22, 2012

THE GIRL


She was different from the rest of us,
Living  her own world,
Against all comfort and love.
Grey light,
The colour of her luck,
Spouting through her longings,
Begging for sympathies,
Offering her shabby life.
Once,
She eased her steps and walked my way,
I could still remember,
The silent eyes,
How could I deny,
Her stitched smile.
I handed her a silver bread,
She took it with hands shaking,
And I could see,
Those  silent eyes, smiling.
One day,
In the morning mist,
I saw the girl,
Skipping and laughing,
Along the hardened  path,
With an ice cream in hand.
She crossed the road,
Eager to reach the end.
But careless gait,
Led her into misguided fate.
The girl,
Ice cream still in hand,
Surrounded by wishful hearts,
Leaving behind her weep,
To be the owner of a long peaceful sleep.